Our new EV resistor is the most important resistor development in years!
Post Glover introduces a new range of highly efficient, compact, liquid cooled resistors to the US market.
Revolutionary technology By using an encapsulated resistor element cooled indirectly by liquid, the EV is light, compact and efficient. It is suitable for operation at both low voltage and medium voltage, AC or DC.
Modular design The EVs plug together to match the braking capacity you need. Unlike a standard air cooled resistor, they can absorb high electrical power where heat or dirt would normally affect the performance.
The EV resistor offers you all these benefits
- SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER SIZE - an EV resistor is less than a tenth of the size of an equivalent rated air cooled resistor.
- SEALED CONSTRUCTION - the IP56 body protects the resistor element from harmful ingress of dirt and pollution
- NO HEAT DISSIPATION INTO THE AIR - the fully insulated construction means that the energy absorbed by the resistor is dissipated into the cooling water.
- OPERATION AT VOLTAGES ABOVE 1kV - the resistor element is insulated from the cooling water and the environment giving an operating voltage of up to 1.5kV per module.
- MODULAR DESIGN - the individual EV units when put together as a single assembly can offer multiple resistor sections cooled by a common water flow.
- ROBUST CONSTRUCTION - The EV has been shock and vibration tested for use in automotive environments so is suitable for almost all industrial and marine applications.